ASTR Co-sponsored Events exist to:
- Fulfill ASTR's purpose through collaboration with other organizations and institutions;
- Foster closer relationships with cognate organizations and/or projects; and
- Increase the visibility of the work of both ASTR and the award recipient within a wider professional context.
Applications may come from individuals, organizations, institutions (or a combination). Applications will be considered from any nation. ASTR co-sponsored events receive the
endorsement of ASTR; however, ASTR is not able to offer organizational or administrative assistance to awardees. Events of regional, national, or international significance in the format of conferences, colloquia, symposia, summits, etc. will be considered provided that they align with ASTR's purpose, namely, to foster scholarship on theatre and
performance, either historical or contemporary, with respect to the U.S. or abroad. Although applicants may apply for funds, the co-sponsorships will normally take the form of an endorsement without funding. In exceptional cases where monetary support is awarded, such support will be capped at $500, and applicants should emphasize forms of in-kind
Application must include:
- A 1500-word rationale and description of the event;
- Evidence of sponsorship from any extant organizations or institutions;
- A draft program including participants' names and/or event descriptions; and
- A budget with explanation of applicable costs.
Please upload application materials in PDF or Microsoft Word (.doc, or .docx) format. Whenever possible, all requested materials should be consolidated into a single zip file before being uploaded.
Evaluation will be based upon:
- Intellectual significance and innovation of the event;
- Alignment with ASTR's purpose; reputation of proposers;
- Demonstrated commitment to the project; and
- Likely outcomes.
Please direct questions to the VP for Awards, Patricia Herrera, at email@example.com.
Applications are considered twice annually by the Executive Committee of ASTR. This year, applications are due March 1 and July 16. Early submissions encouraged.
Submit an Application
*Note: For security purposes, we ask that you log in to your ASTR.org account to apply. Both members and non-members are welcome to participate.
View previous Co-Sponsored Events Awards recipients »