Call for Nominations for ASTR Offices
Thursday, September 12, 2019
Posted by: Shaun Franklin-Sewell
We encourage and welcome all nominations from members, including self-nominations. As a committee, we consider it one of our primary charges proactively to compile a slate of nominations that reflect the many diversities of our membership, with a particular focus on supporting colleagues from communities that have been historically excluded or marginalized from leadership roles within academic organizations. These diversities have been enumerated by ASTR as follows:
- Diversity that represents the breadth of the field and the profession (including, but not limited to, race and ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexuality, Dis/ability, age, national origin, class, and religion);
- Diversity of institutional affiliation and rank, including contingent faculty and independent scholars;
- Diversity in geographic location;
- Diversity in record of service to the profession (including public service and community work, in addition to previous work for ASTR, TLA, IFTR, ATHE, MLA, OAH, and other professional organizations).
As you know, ASTR relies on the involvement of its members to facilitate, develop, and expand its ongoing activities. ASTR invites members to nominate colleagues, and/or to indicate their interest in being considered for those officer positions and committee positions opening up in the current year. (Members can refer to the lists of “Officers and Executive Committee” and “Committees and Appointments” under “About” on the ASTR Web site.) Interested members should contact the chair of the Nominating Committee, Patrick Anderson (email@example.com) by October 1, with an e-mail message including the name, title, institutional affiliation, address, research specialization(s), and positions for which the nominations (or self-nominations) are being made.
ASTR’s non-discrimination policy reads:
In considering candidates for nomination, the American Society for Theatre Research does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, or Disability status. Additionally, in considering candidates for nomination, the American Society for Theatre Research seeks to represent a broad spectrum of scholarly interests that reflects the diversity of the field(s) of Theatre and Performance Studies.
For the current election cycle, we seek nominations for the following roles:
- Vice President for Awards
- 3 Executive Committee Members
- Member-at-large for the Committee on Conferences
Chair, Nominating Committee