Minutes: Conference Assistance Committee Meeting
Conference Assistance Committee Meeting: Areum Jeong, Ira Murfin
6 January 2014 10:00 AM PST
1. Committee Plan
- Send out a call for graduate students who are interested in serving on the Conference Assistance Committee via the GSC list-serv, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Applicants should email the top three subcommittees they are interested in serving on by 10 February 2014.
- Areum and Ira will notify them by early March.
- Divide tasks among conference navigation, dining, entertainment/nightlife, hotel, transportation (local/travel).
- Entertainment as a broader category than solely nightlife--search for dance, museums, music, and theater in Baltimore.
- The dining and entertainment subcommittee could work together and compile a list of dining options near entertainment events.
- Info narrative could be modeled after the Nashville conference packet.
If you would like to get involved with the Conference Assistance Committee, contact Areum Jeong at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ira Murfin at email@example.com.